Being a reader of church history it has been fascinating to observe all the references to the Reformation on our current trip. To name just a few:
- In the centre of Prague is a huge monument to Jan Hus the early reformer
- Then in Konstanz Germany there is a museum to Hus
- In Zurich there are references to Zwingli and a statue
- Luther is mentioned in many places in Germany and has street names and statues in his honour. There is a huge monument to him in Worms
- And of course there is the Reformation Wall in Geneva
- There was even a wall built in St Gallen to separate the abbey from the town because the town had become Protestant.
Yet I have this uneasy sense that these, for most, are just bygone relics of history that sit alongside dead kings and local luminaries.
I raise this because the Reformation was a return to Biblical basics – it was a return to the primacy and inerrancy of Scripture. These are truths that are just as necessary today as they were 600 years ago. The message of these relics needs to be reenlivened (have I made up a word?). It would be a pity if these relics lost their meaning.
Pingback: The Reformation Relics | CHALLENGING CHURCHIANITY
The time is right.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Ummm I don’t reenlivened is a word. If it is…what does it mean? But then again I am only going to what google told me 🙂
I hope you and your wife are well and continue to have a fun trip. P.S year 12s had their muck up day today. They got teachers to pay when they enter the front car park. It was funny.
They also stuck sticky notes everywhere and that stringy thing that you spray out of a can.
So, let me percentage with you what I got by using this enumerate building model,
you can see the results from my Aweber reason, I person got 441
subscribers in exclusive 2 months, and with no business at all many than enabling the Aweber Word – Press Plugin:.
And believe it or not, this number is multiplying with every
passing day. You can also use the site to automatically backup
your site, restore it and even get help with the SEO of your site,
posts and pages.
Moreover, comparatively Word – Press is the most SEO friendly Content
Management System and it allows taking complete benefit of link building opportunities.
And believe it or not, this number is multiplying with every passing day.
This plugin allows you to add the Retweet, Share, Like, and Linked –
In buttons at the same time.