Daily Archives: February 21, 2012
My wife has set me a challenge. She wants me to come up with a series of Bible and other related readings for the Camino we will be travelling on in April. (I explain this in a previous post: Walking)
I’d love to hear from people who have good suggestions to add to our list. What Bible and devotional readings can you think of to encourage a physical and spiritual walk, as well as an appreciation of God’s creation?
So far I have:Day One Readings: Bible Readings: Old Testament: Psalm 84 New Testament: Matthew 4:18-25 Questions:
- What is the overall emotion of Psalm 84? Why? How would that translate for the NT Christian?
- What are the implications for us from the Matt passage?
- Are there things you wish to discover on the Santiago pilgrimage?
- In Ruth and Paul’s experiences there are parallels and differences. Are they important for us to understand?
- Is there anything for the C21st Christian to discover from Ruth’s life?
- How is god revealed in these two passages?
- How does Cornelius reveal himself to be an exceptional man?
- Are there ways in which Psalm 121 can be an encouragement on your pilgrimage?
- How can this pilgrimage be seen as a metaphor for our lives?
- What lessons are there in Abram’s and Jesus’ Families journeys, for us?
- How are faith and hope revealed?
- Pilgrimages are often/usually calls to go against the flow. How do these two passages illustrate that?
- How are we called to go against the flow?
- Spend time reflecting on these passages and considering both the joys and struggles of our daily pilgrimage.
- What is the yearning that drives the exiles? How can that inspire us?
- How can we encourage our children to see life as a pilgrimage rather than an end in itself?